|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||March 9, 2019|
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Gemini Energy Services, A Tetra Tech Division is seeking a Certified-Electrician Solar Technician for travel assignments around the United States, with possible travel to Canada and Latin America. You will be responsible for various site duties to include commissioning, preventative maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, diagnosis, repair and various project tasks. You will be working to evaluate, inspect, repair, clean, maintain and/or replace inverters, components, exhaust systems, panels, firmware updates and communication devices. This technician will assist in other areas of site such as reporting, monitoring and customer management as required.
This position is a travel position which requires willingness to work up to 50-60 hours per week if needed, to meet project schedules. On-call and weekend work will occasionally be required. Daily Per Diem is paid by Gemini Energy Services.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Certified Electrician with Solar Experience
• Active Solar technician 2+ years
• Current valid Driver's License with less than 3 moving violations in past 3 years
• We are looking for a troubleshooter, supervisor, QA/QC, assurance for customer, must be hard-working, a great communicator and willing to go above and beyond for a standard of excellence
• Candidate should be able to function independently and must have a comprehensive understanding of a variety of inverters and how they function
• Experienced with Direct Current Electricity, Alternating Current Electricity, and Electronics
• Understanding of Voltage Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Oscilloscopes, Meghommeters, Infrared Testers, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, Electric Static Discharge (ESD) and Fiber Optics
• Must have current driver’s license and clean DMV record (within last 5 years) and ability to operate service trucks as required
• Must have clean criminal background
• Ability to train other employees in operations, maintenance, and repair procedures
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen
• Travel required (breaks provided)