|Date Posted||June 1, 2019|
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you an analytics leader who wants to shape the future of the growing Solar Industry? Do you have experience leading high performance teams? Then you may find our Team Leader position to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL – Energy's Renewables Advisory group is looking for a Team Leader to direct the commercial operations of our respective Energy Assessment team(s). Our team is on the cutting edge of solar modeling and data analytics, and part of the world’s leading renewable energy consulting firm committed to making a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
This position may be based out of our Oakland, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; San Diego, CA; Austin, TX or Medford, MA office.
Tasks May Include
Operations, Business Development and Project Delivery (70% of working hours)
- Coordinate and plan operations of team(s);
- Support Section Head in maintaining consistency of quality and methodology alignment across Energy Group teams;
- Assist staff and Team Leaders in determining appropriate methodology and solutions for:
- Solar energy production assessments,
- Other data analysis conducted by staff;
- Perform approval of all deliverables produced from within the Senior Team Leader’s team(s);
- Present checked and approved deliverables to Energy Group Section Head for final approval;
- Collaborate directly with and support other departments (e.g. IE Group, Technology) in completing multidisciplinary deliverables;
- Approve costing and scope of work descriptions of standard proposals and bids;
- Prepare special proposals and bids;
- Promote new Energy Group services and cross-sell other DNV GL services to clients;
- Under the direction of Section Head, oversee list of Energy Group clients to maintain good client relationships, identify and prioritize key clients, and pursue new clients.
Staff development and human resources (30%)
- Establish and implement training for Energy Analysts;
- Set coordination meetings and communications with the respective team(s), in
- cooperation with the Team Leader(s);
- Assist Section Head in defining job position descriptions, coordinating recruitment, and reviewing and interviewing applicants;
- Conduct annual performance reviews of team (Energy Analysts and Team Leaders where appropriate), with support from the Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, atmospheric science, computer science, mathematics field or relevant degree required;
- Minimum 3 years of solar analytics/solar assessment experience; renewable energy consulting experience is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a team
- Extensive knowledge of solar energy production assessment methodology
- Comprehensive understanding of the North American renewable energy market
- Proficiency in the statistical analysis of data
- Demonstrated experience deriving business insight from data
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Matlab, R, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Word/Excel/Access
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats
- Familiarity with the full breadth of DNV GL services advantageous
- Writing technical reports suitable for project financing and communicating results to clients
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.