|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
Standard is building out its connected energy team. Standard, along with its wholly-owned subsidiary, GAF, is committed to long term leadership of the rooftop photovoltaic industry. The industry is at a point of inflection where it can evolve into a significant portion of the overall roofing market and Standard is going to continue devoting significant resources to the solar industry as the market evolves. GAF has launched the first of a series of residential solar roof products.
As the Energy/Solar Marketing Intern you will assist in building out the Marketing function for the solar business at Standard Industries. This role requires a mixture of strategic thinking and roll-up-your-sleeves execution of marketing activities related to development of our roofing contractor channel. Responsibilities include development of sales tools (PowerPoint decks, leave-behind materials, product sell sheets), digital assets (website, blog posts, online partner portal and configuration tools), and contractor events (conferences, VIP events). You will assist with maintaining key relationships with our Energy Sales team, as well as GAF roofing sales and partner contractors.
Who you’ll work with:
The role reports to the Director of Marketing and works collaboratively with the Product Management team, Sales teams, and executive management, among others. This job is based in San Francisco, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with developing a marketing strategy and approach with the Director of Marketing that allows the Energy business to quickly scale through roofing contractor partner acquisition and adoption of our products
- Help to create effective sales and marketing assets from scratch – this is a new role, and you will have the opportunity to build novel assets, as well as leverage the resources of GAF and Standard Industries
- Manage agency and contractor relationships to ensure creative execution of assets is on-brief, on-schedule, and on-budget
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure assets are being updated to reflect most current needs or product attributes
- Passionately promote renewable energy, the GAF and Standard Industries brands, and our unique solar energy products
What we are looking for:
Strong Excel skills, as well as an understanding of other technology platforms. Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team.
Required Education: The successful candidate must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, with an anticipated graduation date between December 2018 and May 2020.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, without visa sponsorship.
All Standard internship roles are paid at an hourly rate, however, there are no benefits associated with these positions. Candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week over the summer period. Housing, transportation, F-1 and HB-1 visa sponsorship will not be provided in association with these positions.