|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Centrica is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's International Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Solar Sales Engineer is responsible for the electrical design of all commercial and utility scale systems. We are looking for an individual who can manage the day to day tasks as well as continue to expand the department's capabilities as the company grows. The Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the system designs meet our customers' needs in the most cost effective way through a thorough understanding of equipment available on the market and deep understanding of system design principles. The Engineer will set electrical design standards and work with a team of engineers taking solar project designs from preliminary analysis through full construction drawing as well as supporting permitting, construction, and project close-out processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with customer facilities managers, engineers and other technical personnel
- Perform generation analysis and system optimization with solar design software
- Provide cost estimation and competitive pricing for commercial PV solar projects
- Create PV Solar System designs and professional quality renderings for inclusion in proposals
- Perform detailed cost-benefit analysis of available products, installation options and new technologies
- Audit sites as needed for PV solar installation suitability, cost considerations, environmental limitations, structural limitations, etc.
- Contribute professional quality proposal content for technically complex, multi-site PV solar installations
- Work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions
- Build productive internal and external working relationships
Competencies and Qualifications
- 2+ years solar design experience
- 1+ years of Commercial, Enterprise or Government sales engineering/designing or technical sales experience preferred
- General understanding of construction
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup or similar image manipulation program
- Knowledge and correct usage of the National Electric Code
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact in a team environment
- Passion and know-how around new energy, energy technology and projects is a must.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in engineering)
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional (preferred)