|Location||Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
GAF Energy is transforming the rooftop solar industry to generate Energy From Every Roof TM. As a Standard Industries company, GAF Energy works in partnership with North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, GAF, offering affordable, integrated and aesthetic rooftop solar options to residential and commercial customers. For more information about GAF Energy, visit www.gaf.energy.
What part will you play?
- GAF Energy is seeking an ambitious Solar Purchasing Manager with a strong solar industry background to join our team in developing the next generation solar roof that harvests energy from rooftops and delivers ultimate customer satisfaction
- This exciting role will report to the Senior Director of Supply Chain and will work within a cross-functional team in a start-up, fast-paced environment. The Solar Purchasing Manager should have a proven track record of success building strategic vendor partnerships that deliver value to our customers
What will you be doing?
The Solar Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning and organizing purchasing activities insuring low total cost of ownership and high-quality procurement of direct, indirect, or outsourced materials, services, or goods required to meet the needs of GAF Energy. The candidate will negotiate commercial and service criteria and develop contracts, in alignment with corporate policies and procedures, which ensure competitive pricing and which fully protect the company against missed deliverables, poor quality, and other performance and/or supplier issues that might adversely affect GAF Energy.
- 25% - Negotiating with suppliers for execution of Supply Agreements that achieve lowest total system cost and which are in accordance with company policies and procedures
- 20% - Managing contractual commitments and supplier assessments, ensuring all purchases are consistent with quality and delivery requirements
- 20% - Analyzing, developing and delivering timely cost information. Reporting and communicating Procurement activities. Providing supply-based market intelligence to internal GAF Energy partners
- 15% - Assessing suppliers and potential suppliers. Overseeing the tracking of supplier metrics and communicating performance. Managing vendor relationships and building effective partnerships. Understanding emergence of new supplier or product offerings in the solar channel
- 10% - Supporting Indirect Procurement needs of GAF Energy team.
- 10% - Ad hoc support
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS/BE degree in Supply Chain Management / Finance / Business / Engineering
- 5-10 years of related Procurement or relevant Supply Chain experience
- Solar Industry experience is crucial
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external functional teams verbally, in writing, and via presentations
- Excellent coordination, organization and planning skills
- Advanced negotiation skills and experience implementing supply agreements
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver result in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team to drive innovation and product development as well as understanding and implementing needs
- Analytically strong with creativity & problem solving skills
- Comfortable working as a team player in a start-up environment where no job is too small
- Required business travel 20-25%