|Date Posted||April 21, 2019|
Solar Home AutoCAD Designer
POSITION TITLE: Solar Home AutoCAD Designer
LOCATION: SunStreet/Englewood, CO
REPORTS TO: Solar Home Energy Design Manager
SunStreet is seeking a qualified and experienced AutoCAD design professional to join our growing team. This designer will assist in the drafting and design of Solar Photovoltaic Systems to be installed on new residential homes in solar communities. They will also become experienced in home energy modeling and PV system production. Experience in automation, home construction and solar a plus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONCIBILITIES:
- Development of AutoCad block library
- Modeling Solar For New Home Construction
- Modeling Home Energy Consumption
- Monitoring, Closing and Tracking Design Tasks
- Establish priorities of work and provide quick and accurate home plan analysis to meet established deadlines for internal and external customers.
- Analyze data outputs to inform decisions about solar system sizing
- Maintain matrix of plan analysis results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA in Architectural Engineering preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Professional Experience in AutoCad
- Experience or Education in residential construction or architectural design.
- Ability to sort, process, and organize work requests and deliverable data.
- Proficiency with, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Understanding of residential construction documents and building materials
- Experience in SketchUp, Box.com, SalesForce, BEopt, SAM, PVSyst, Solar Design Applications a Plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. Most of the time will be spent on the phone, working with a computer.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Adhere to performance standards
- Consistently meet performance goals and strive to exceed them
- Be open to and accepting of constructive criticism
- Perform as a team player
SunStreet is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.