|Location||Shaw Air Force Base, SC|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2019|
Nisga’a Data Systems, LLC (NDS), a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc. is an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation, provides a full spectrum of cyber security/mission assurance, intelligence, and systems and network engineering services; which include defensive cyber operations (DCO), functional mission analysis (FMA), cyber strategic planning (CSP), systems and network analysis, design, and implementation, and also an array of managed services. NDS has distinguished itself as an industry leader in redefining technical solutions for the federal government and our nation’s military and intelligence agencies.
We are currently looking for a Solarwinds SME.
- Automate Vulnerability Management and Compliance Management of networking nodes using SolarWinds Orion. Assist in the Configuration Management, Documentation, and Network Administration of all Army networking nodes
- Automate configuration via interface and device templates.
- Document the networks with Microsoft Visio, Excel, and Word to provide network diagrams, topologies, traffic flow, and procedures for organizations IT Staff
- Assist with the submission of A&A artifacts for Site Accreditation.
- Implement and configure SolarWinds NPM and NCM for monitoring, configuration, and alerting for all nodes (~1500) on the organizations’ Army network
- Review incoming traps and syslog, and convert into alerts
- Create Compliance reports using the NCM Reporting feature.
- Interact with clients to receive requests, request clarifications, triage, troubleshoot, and resolve Network Management issues.
- Use DISA STIG and RMF Compliance standards in Solarwinds Network Configuration Manager.
- Develop customized node properties to integrate in to Reports, Policies, and Functional rule sets.
- Standardize SNMP trap configuration and alerting utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Create custom reports using custom SQL objects the reporting tool
- Update node, interface and volume details in the custom property tool
- Research SNMP MIBs and accurately create new UnDP monitors for custom OID values
- Utilize regular expression within SolarWinds Products
- Standardize the custom property tool into a repeatable process across additional Enclaves.
- Provide advance technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and correction
- Assist with communication to service centers and NOCs during overflow/outage situations
- Updates status to customer on an as required basis
- Ability to work remotely and at customer sites with no direct supervision
- Highly motived, self-starting with a focus on solutions and problem solving to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Strong fundamental understanding of LAN theory
- Operational understanding of the following technologies:
- NetFlow and related protocols
- Experience in routing, switching, firewalls or load-balancing environments
- Operational understanding of SQL databases and query operations
- Operational understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV, etc.)
- Operational understanding of Windows Server administration
- Ability to deploy, configure and optimize Windows Solarwinds Server Environments (Server 2012 R2+)
- Requires Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with most of the following Solarwinds products
- Additional Pollers and Webservers