|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
Wood seeks a Project Manager for our solar EPC construction projects. In this mission-critical role, the individual will coordinate the engineering, construction, quality, and safety activities aimed at assuring project execution from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will involve interfacing with procurement, engineering, safety, quality, project controls and the onsite construction teams. The project manager will support the delivery of multi-disciplinary teams from pre-construction through the final closeout and hand off to O&M. This role will be project site-based in the VA/NC area.
- Develop/lead the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans.
- Liaise closely with onsite project team members and technical/functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated.
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of technical. Environmental, safety, and regulatory project deliverables.
- Project cost-management: collaborate with support and operations teams to successfully manage the planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing, and cost controls.
- Project Quality Management: establish and support the processes and activities that determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities to verify successful execution.
- Project Stakeholder Management: identify all people or organizations impacted by the project, analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and develop appropriate management strategies to effectively engage stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
- Support the Site Manager in adhering to all contract requirements.
- Support implementation of the programs formal interface management process and resolve personnel issues according to the agreed-upon escalation procedure.
- Resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track
- Balance cost, schedule and quality in line with project philosophy.
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls so that real-time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and accomplished.
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of engineering resources including the external engineering contractor, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements.
- Conduct processes to ensure that the design meets the required/applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality.
- Provide technical advice including design interpretation to operations, construction and commissioning/start-up teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience managing large scale solar construction projects ($25-30 million-dollar )
- Will possess an additional 10 years of industrial construction project experience, and knowledge of construction techniques,estimating and construction management
- Formal project management training, and PMP are highly desired
- Demonstrated success in managing large project teams.
- Strong commercial acumen, and prior P&L responsibility are required
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of our work sites and systems
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.