|Date Posted||June 23, 2019|
Wood seeks a Project Engineer for our solar EPC construction projects.
In this mission-critical role, the individual will coordinate the engineering activities to assure project execution and quality from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will involve working with procurement and monitoring/advising project site leaders. This role will be project site-based in the VA/NC area.
- Support the site manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and plans.
- Liaise closely with project team members and technical/functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution.
- Support the site manager on material management including inventory tracking, material receiving, and reporting.
- Identify and communicate to the site manager any (potentially sudden) changes in conditions that may impact costs, schedule, and contract or customer relationships.
- Assemble and coordinate resolution of punch list items in cooperation with the customer and ensuring timely completion of outstanding items.
- Provide support for construction.
- Assist in the resolution production issues including participation in construction planning process.
- Develop project job books and facilitate the turnover of contract documentation to the client.
- Use Primavera project scheduling software to plan action items.
- Report the daily, weekly and monthly progress of subcontractors and onsite teams.
- Review and track changes to engineering designs and interpret drawings, specifications and other technical documents as required for construction.
- Interface with project teams to ensure the effective development of technical, environmental, safety, and regulatory project deliverables.
- Liaise with project engineers in other areas of the program to ensure consistency across scope and activities.
- Help the site manager implement the Owners management of change (technical or otherwise).
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors.
- Act as primary contact for all interfaces and communications between onsite team and engineering, home office or third- parties.
- Support the site manager and onsite team to verify that contractors meet all contract requirements.
- Implement the program formal interface management process and resolve personnel issues according to the agreed-upon escalation procedure;
- Implement appropriate project controls so that real-time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and executed.
- Follow processes to ensure that the design meets the required/applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications, and quality.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (Construction Management, Engineering, or related field)
- With 2-4 years previous industrial / solar construction experience
- Understanding of CPM scheduling and software applications (Primavera, MS Project)
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills to prepare letters, emails, and project reporting
- Must possess strong computer skills (in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of our work sites and systems.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.