|Location||Rocky Mount, NC|
|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
Wood is currently recruiting for a Solar Construction Field Engineer. This position will be located at our project sites (Virginia or North Carolina). The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of on-site EPC Industrial Construction experience other than solar and a minimum of 2 years experience of on-site of EPC/Industrial level Solar Construction experience *Wood will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position**.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in :
- construction planning and design;
- interpretation of design;
- application of construction methods;
- resolution and documentation of design conflicts;
- constructability reviews, etc
- Develop implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction
- Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of on-site EPC Industrial Construction experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience of on-site of EPC/Industrial level Solar Construction experience
- Good knowledge of construction and engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.
- Understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
- MS Primavera training or experience is an asset
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Candidate must be willing to travel to job site locations for long term assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos, and to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.