|Date Posted||June 18, 2019|
Wood currently seeks a Solar Commissioning Manager with extensive experience in the solar construction industry. This position fits into our structure as an electrical field engineer, level. This position will be based, initially, at our Moody AFB project near Valdosta, GA
This role will require significant PV solar experience, but not necessarily complex substation experience; though, substation experience is a big plus.
- Preparation of project documentation including pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the project commissioning and start-up plan including detailed activities and start-up logic.
- Work with engineers and vendors in the design phases to align handover and commissioning activities.
- Participate in workshops on design aspects that may assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Assist with the development and management of commissioning and start-up budget, including forecast for future staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing site materials and logistics.
- Coordinate and manage contractor and subcontractor activities associated with pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up and final turnover of the facility.
- Work closely with the project planners and schedulers.
- Assist in Operational Readiness Plan and Project Execution Plan development.
- Coordinate vendor activities for commissioning.
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues on site and maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that the team complies with the HSE Plan.
- Ensure hazard/risk analysis is performed before start of activities.
- Coordinate start-up activities with project management, engineering, construction, HSE, contractors, facility operations, and start-up personnel.
- Establish progress reporting systems for all phases of the commissioning and start-up of the facility.
- Ensure the commissioning plan is in compliance with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and OTS systems.
- Liaise with construction management, the client and Vendors to ensure efficient and timely service.
Skills / Qualifications
- Dedication to electrical safety
- Ability to work independently while maintaining accountability to site management
- Ability to manage and provide development of testing technicians
- Coordination of third party testing services for MV systems
- Coordination of equipment vendor commissioning processes
- Proficient with PV inverters and DC collection systems
- Understanding of major electrical equipment such as switchgear, VAR systems, reclosers, MV transformers
- Knowledgeable of single axis tracking systems
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems within utility PV projects
- Compile and review electrical testing results
- Administer and train individuals to perform PV string testing
- Possess an understanding of the operation of power system protection relays
- Understanding of Ethernet networks with fiber optic distribution
- Understanding of the principles of a SCADA system
- Ability to plan, author, and execute a commissioning process
- Ability to author switch sequencing
- Understanding of electrical safety and NFPA 70E
- Ability to select appropriate PPE for electrical safety
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Understanding of LOTO principles
- Ability to estimate available power throughout commissioning process
- Excellent written and oral skills to interface with other crafts, site management, and client representatives
- Ability to process testing data and demonstrate failure or acceptance of power systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Substation commissioning experience
- Understanding of overhead power line systems
- Wind collection system experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.