|Location||New Brunswick, NJ|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2019|
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets . We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Centrica Business Solutions is seeking highly motivated Senior Solar Engineer candidates to join the Engineering team of our growing renewable energy company. The Senior Solar Engineer is responsible for the electrical design of all commercial and utility scale systems. We are looking for an individual who can manage the day to day tasks as well as continue to expand the department's capabilities as the company grows. The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the system designs meet our customers' needs in the most cost effective way through a thorough understanding of equipment available on the market and deep understanding of system design principles. The Senior Electrical Engineer will set electrical design standards and work with a team of engineers taking solar project designs from preliminary analysis through full construction drawing as well as supporting permitting, construction, and project close-out processes. This position calls for the ability to coach and mentor team members, to communicate superbly, and the ability to streamline the design process to ensure engineering resources are utilized properly while delivering high quality system designs. This role can be based at an office in Hanover, MD or Islein, NJ also it can be a remote (home based) role as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify complex sites for suitability of advanced PV system installations
- Master the measurement of system locations remotely and assess the implications of installing the PV arrays and completing the wiring given the site's geometry and features
- Conduct site surveys including detailed measurements of roof and ground surfaces, document structural framing and roof system makeup and electrical system configuration
- Review basic PV system designs created by System Designers, provide feedback and issue approval
- Create and support in the creation by System Designers of complex designs using Helioscope and PVSyst. This includes tracking PV systems, storage systems, and other advanced solutions.
- Coordinate the technical responses to Requests for Proposals
- Support cost estimating by requesting quotes, maintaining material pricing, and communicating to project managers and sales directors for use in cost calculators.
- Develop and enforce system design standards, processes, policies and cost analysis guidelines and train the junior designers on implementation.
- Provide technical system design related training and support to sales team
- Maintain knowledge of monitoring systems including setup of new sites and basic troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience in commercial solar PV system design
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or design related field OR associate's degree with specific PV system focus with commensurate experience
- Experience with medium voltage system design highly desirable
- Knowledge of PV system related building and electrical codes
- Knowledge of OSHA construction safety standards, especially as it relates to fall hazards
- High proficiency with AutoCAD drafting software, Helioscope & PVSyst solar modeling software and standard office software applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact in a team environment