|Date Posted||April 6, 2019|
Senior Solar/Electrical Engineer
Seeking an experienced engineer to design and generate construction documents for commercial and utility scale solar PV systems.
Engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile solar PV systems (with or without energy storage). As a full-service engineering firm, they're work is creating the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies.
- Design and engineer commercial PV solar systems between 100kW and 100MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst.
- While most of this work will be carried out in office in Hoboken NJ, some travel to sites will be expected.
- Roof surveying using total stations and other professional land surveying equipment.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- 6+ years' experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
- BS in electrical engineering, structural engineering, construction management, or other related discipline.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- 6+ years' experience working with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Experience in traditional building design with a MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.