|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2019|
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets . We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Commercial Solar Team is looking to identify multiple Sales Executives who are responsible for generating (including non-profit education, and municipalities) sales utilizing company resources to develop a system design, production estimate and cost estimate for the customer. Commercial Sales Executives will walk a prospective customer through the various solar considerations required for installing and operating a solar system. These leaders will show a prospective customer why a solar system designed, constructed, warrantied and maintained by Centrica and Direct Energy Solar is superior to other offerings in the marketplace. To a great degree, the sales process will involve the analysis of the customers current electrical utilization and spending, as well as the various financing alternatives available to customer in order to demonstrate how solar will save them money. Duties include responding to sales leads, documenting all sales activity into SalesForce, building new business relationships, creating sales pipelines, and most importantly closing new business to successfully grow Centrica's solar business. The position can be based anywhere in California and is considered a remote (Home based) role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aggressively pursue and develop new leads: calling warm prospects identified through professional networking, referral partnerships, and other Centrica / Direct Energy businesses
- Collaborate with CBS on opportunities, incorporate other Centrica solutions to provide customers with integrated energy solutions
- Continually work to generate sales through sales activities including tradeshows, networking, cold-calling, industry events, speaking opportunities, and referrals
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of commercial solar products, competitor offerings, SREC valuations, and financing products
- Obtain customer contracts, addendums, credit applications, and other paperwork correctly and in a timely manner
- Explain the SREC registration and generation process and obtain necessary SREC registration paperwork from customers
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products
- Accurately forecast contract closing timeframes, project values, and gross margin estimates
- Address ongoing customer concerns and complaints that arise prior to installation
Competencies and Qualifications
- 2 to 5 years of Commercial and Industrial sales experience with 2+ years of commercial solar project experience in sales
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism
- Strong technical and business acumen to identify and solve project issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well within the team, as well as cross-functional teams, including sales, logistics, engineering, and finance
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Sales force and Microsoft Project
- Valid state driver's license
Centrica / Direct Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Centrica / Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.