|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries. Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Commercial Senior Project Manager is responsible for the planning, budgeting, coordinating, and directing of resources and activities involved in the delivery of solar systems for commercial customers. Senior Project Manager will also help train and manage other project managers to the successful completion of projects throughout the team. These activities will include managing the various state and local regulations, safety plans, materials planning, logistics, utility regulations and interconnection requirements, customer communications, customer billing, collections, project accounting, and project close-out. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will negotiate contracts with suppliers, sub-contractors, in addition to supporting sales in the development of project estimates and contract addendums. Travel is required. All work performed is tracked through Direct Energy Solar's project management software.
- Assist sales in securing solar project contracts including estimating, design coordination, risk mitigation and contract addendums (e.g. schedules, scope-of-work).
- Determine site specific requirements including labor, local AHJ requirements, safety requirements, utility interconnection, and permit costs.
- Develop summarized project budget by reviewing and consolidating numbers from different sources
- Acquire necessary permits, and other required approvals to complete project scope.
• Manage customer communication on a routine basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and negotiate sub-contractor, consultant or engineering agreements including safety plans, schedules and scope-of-work necessary to fulfill project requirements.
- Manage all aspects of the project schedule from project kickoff to project close-out including project retrospective meeting.
- Monitor processes, materials, safety, job quality, to detect or assess problems
- Analyze information, and identify problem resolutions, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Provide timely management, financial or other relevant project information necessary to meet internal processes or controls.
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes and budget.
- Coordinate project commissioning and handoff to systems support and/or O&M team.
- Coordinate customer training and acceptance.
- Track progress through Direct Energy project management software.
- 7+ years of commercial construction experience with 4+ years of commercial solar project experience in sales, project management, or site supervision
- Successfully managed multiple (2+) 1MW+ commercial solar installations
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism
- Strong technical and business acumen to identify and solve project issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well within the team, as well as cross-functional teams, including sales, logistics, engineering, and finance
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Project
- Valid state driver's license
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen
- Passionate. Has a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. Self-management to avoid burnout and overwhelm. Extremely keen to learn from others.
- A Team player. Able to work in a team environment, coordinating, managing, directing, or communicating with customers, suppliers, engineering, management, sales, etc.
- Flexible. Willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. Versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor