|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Commercial Solar team is looking for an this individual that could help analyze commercial and industrial utility rate schedules to size the energy solution for the customers needs. This would require using multiple software programs to gather necessary utility information and layout preliminary designs from customers. The individual would also be help prepare preliminary and final proposals while working with the sales engineers, internal/external financing partners, and different departments within CBS. This role would support all products with North America CBS with a primary focus on solar.
- Understand the full cycle of commercial sales
- Successfully assist the Sr. Project Developer in all aspects of sales opportunities
- Collect utility bill information and input data into Excel
- Input data with different opportunities and various sales updates using SalesForce
- Prepare initial sales presentations and proposal packets using PowerPoint
- Request financing quotes from financing partners
- Cultivate consistent email communication for customers
- Track key milestones and manage different project in different stages
- Manage project reporting tools and do report analysis as needed
- Provide support with other projects as needed
- 2+ years of sales operations experience (preferably in solar industry)
- 1+ years of project management
- 1+ years of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be execution focused
- Multitasking skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities
- Analytical skills (understanding data and turning it into useful narratives)
- Some travel may be required