|Date Posted||July 16, 2019|
We are currently seeking a high caliber Photo-voltaic Project Engineer (Solar/Electrical) within our client’s team of experienced professionals. This is a DIRECT HIRE position based in Irvine, CA.
Summary of position:
The Photo-voltaic Project Engineer will provide engineering support to the EPC team, and is responsible for managing all stages of project design. Travel expected up to 10% of the time.
• Assist in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as customer requirements, balance of systems, siting, permitting and technical support during construction phase
• Assist project implementation in collaboration with the Project Manager and Senior Project Engineer during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule
• Assist in the development and review of energy production models, project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
• Coordinate external resources such as structural, civil and electrical engineer consult- ants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, other specialized professionals as needed and suppliers
• Create, deliver and maintain drawing packages and project documentation
• In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and deliver photo-voltaic projects
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product development
• Assist with technical training to other team members and new employees
• Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
• Prepare conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts, single-line diagrams, etc.
• Prepare bid packages for subcontractors including scope of work, schedule, project description, and conceptual design
• Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PVSyst and other tools
• Assist in preparation of proposals
• Assist O&M Team with Operational Power plants for technical and performance based tasks
• Assist in field with testing, commissioning and start-up of constructed power plants