|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL Renewables Advisory North America is recruiting a Project Manager - Solar (M&A Advisory Services) that will be responsible for technical and operational leadership for project management and technical advisory services in support of the M&A Advisory Service team. This team provides independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market. Services may also include projects or portfolios globally. Services from this team are delivered for both external as well as internal customers, depending upon the situation. The role will contribute to a high performing team of skilled staff both in and out of the M&A Advisory team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies.
Tasks May Include
- Execute activities related to independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory projects being undertaken by DNV GL, with emphasis on interdisciplinary thinking and approach
- Execute project management and technical consulting work, support resourcing efforts, and coordinate execution by others inside and outside the M&A Advisory team (M&A Advisory resources, wind/solar IE, technical disciplines, international teams, etc.) to deliver projects with high quality and within allocated time and budget
- Ensure technical advisory services are executed in alignment with the global service lines, with regional variations as approved
- Think creatively and leverage experience and expertise to develop customer-centric solutions supported by appropriate methodology for wind and solar projects, including:
- Construction and operating contract review and support
- Construction and operating cost estimates and considerations
- Holistic project evaluation based on technology, design, contracting, and operating history
- Site inspection and interviews
- Asset management approaches
- Operating report review
- Industry benchmarking and screening studies
- Working flexibly and in partnership with customers to identify value and address risks and opportunities in M&A transactions
- Perform technical checking and manage approval of work product
- Prepare or coordinate standard and non-standard proposals and bids in consultation with the customer to ensure needs are being addressed
- Serve as primary customer contact for M&A Advisory projects
- Drive innovation efforts and coordination with other internal and external stakeholders as pertains to M&A work, including feedback of knowledge to pre-construction diligence work and digitalization efforts
- With Head of Section, lead business development efforts for the Section, including cultivating new customer relationships, establishing new business lines, and cross-selling opportunities for other DNV GL services
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline required
- Advanced degree in an engineering or business discipline strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of technical project management experience required
- At least 5 years of technical project management experience in the solar energy industry required
- Strong interdisciplinary knowledge of renewable energy project development, design, contracting, asset management/operations, and financing (including, solar, wind, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the North American solar energy market and global renewable energy markets
- Working knowledge of project finance fundamentals and trends, as well as transaction mechanics and financial closing processes
- Strong knowledge of independent engineering and technical due diligence services, including solar project contracts (EPC, equipment procurement, IA, PPA, etc), economics (CAPEX and OPEX), renewable generation asset management, general solar technology and performance issues, transmission/curtailment issues, BoP infrastructure, and technical risks associated with solar projects (similar knowledge of wind projects is preferred)
- Familiarity with the solar energy production assessment methodology
- Familiarity with corresponding aspects of wind projects is beneficial
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must have a current US driver's license
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and visas for travel to Europe, Canada, and Latin America
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!