|Location||Chase City, VA|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2019|
Wood seeks a Project Engineer for our solar group to focus on the delivery and development of our Solar PV Owners Engineer services.
Responsible for coordinating the engineering activities aimed at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception through to completion. On the current projects, key responsibilities will involve working with procurement, monitoring the progress of, responding to questions from project site leaders, as well as occasional site visits. This role is to support the delivery of multidisciplinary technical advisor and/or Owners Engineer projects through their feasibility, pre-construction and/or construction phases. This role will be based at our Grasshopper Solar Construction Project in Chase City, VA.
- Support the Project Manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans;
- Liaise closely with project team members as well as technical and functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated;
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of project deliverables, including technical deliverables as well as environmental, safety and regulatory deliverables;
- Liaise with Project Engineers in other areas of the program to ensure alignment across scope and activities;
- Support the Project Manager in effective implementation of Owners management of change (technical or otherwise);
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors;
- Act as primary contact for all interfaces and communications with technology licensor(s);
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring that all contract requirements are adhered to by Contractor(s);
- Support implementation of the program formal interface management process and support resolution of issues according to the agreed upon escalation procedure;
- Draw on available expertise and resources, make decisions and resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track, balancing cost, schedule and quality appropriately and in line with project philosophy;
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls such that real time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and acted upon;
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of Engineering resources including the external Engineering contractor, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements;
- Manage to an Engineering plan that addresses resources, deliverables, quality control and oversight, communication, execution processes, design reviews, change management, Process Hazard Assessments and turnover of engineering deliverables;
- Ensure processes are followed to ensure that the design meets the applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality required;
- Provide technical advice including design interpretation to Operations, Construction and Commissioning/Startup teams;
- Advise on risks with respect to design aspects and design changes;
- Provides backup to the Project Manager as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in Engineering..a minimum of a 4-year engineering related degree and/or at 1-3 years of project engineering experience; postgraduate qualification related to renewable energy or significant knowledge of a range of renewable energy system technologies.
- Solar Construction experience.
- Formal project management training would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required for the purpose of preparing proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting;
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of our work sites and systems.
- Hands-on experience using Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.