|Date Posted||September 18, 2019|
Wood seeks a Mechanical Superintendent who will be responsible for proactively managing all daily maintenance activities and ensuring activities are executed in accordance with the schedule, as this role will play an integral part in the construction, construction support, and of all phases of commissioning for a successful plant start-up. Position to be based near Richmond, VA (Belcher Solar Project in Louisa, VA NE of Richmond)
- Coordinating engineering requirements between site and engineering office and ensuring strong interaction within the civil, structural, electrical and process departments.
- Assisting the contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters
- Responding to and processing contractors requests for information (RFIs)
- Reviewing and approving QA/QC non-conformance reports (NCRs)
- Ensure instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal AMEC personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly and is delivered to customers expectations
- Proactively working with contractors to ensure project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are being achieved.
- Monitoring construction activities with respect to performance, procedure, and quality.
- Submitting weekly progress reports outlining items of concern such as safety observations, non-conformance with specifications and drawings, equipment and weather delays, congestion, workmanship, quality control and potential contract extras.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering technologist diploma or graduate degree in related field is considered an asset.
- At least 8 years of experience in construction management with mining or heavy industrial projects including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a construction manager along with a focus on underground mines.
- AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software capabilities is considered an asset
- Willingness to travel to both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.