|Location||Chase City, VA|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
Wood seeks a Field Office Administrator who will be responsible for the organization and co-ordination of office operations, directing activities of the project administrative staff in the coordination and management of various administrative activities including adherence to company policies and procedures. Position to be based in Chase City, VA at out Grasshopper Solar Field Construction site and will transfer to other solar projects within this region in the near future..
Previous experience required 4 years Construction Office management experience or equivalent combinations of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of standard accounting procedures, company policies and procedures, purchasing and receiving procedures, time keeping and payroll procedures, accounts payable, customer billings, cost control and office administration required. Strong leadership, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Manage and confirm adherence to the company policies and procedures used to manage the project office infrastructure and resources.
- Assign and monitor clerical/administrative responsibilities and tasks to ensure maximum efficiency to support project
- Work cooperatively with other project supervisors and managers and provide administrative support
- Communicate effectively with other supervision and employees
- Prepare or direct the preparation of Payroll, accounts payable, reconciliations, back charges and field invoices
- Direct all personnel administration activities on project including recruiting, new hire sign up, employee orientation, policy and procedure interpretation and terminations
- Direct the purchasing of expendable materials and small tools as required and approved by the Project Manager. Provide material control (receiving) for all materials and equipment required by the project
- Prepare and maintain various cost and statistical reports to support project construction activity.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality for the project
- Provide assistance with technical systems, software and related information technology
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management, clerical, human resources, labor relations and payroll practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Above average computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Decision making
- Work and time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge of training and supervisory techniques
Education and Training Requirements:
- Business degree or equivalent
- High School Diploma with 4+ years administrative and supervisory experience
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above.
- Must be able to move in and around confined and uneven areas.
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age.
- Must be able to perform the following actions to the frequency stated:
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.