|Date Posted||September 9, 2019|
Wood seeks a Site Manager for EPC/Solar construction projects valued between $25-30 million per project. In this mission-critical role, the individual will oversee all craft employees, engineering disciplines, daily reporting, subcontractors and third-party vendors. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of solar construction project experience and experience managing up to 12-13 supervisors. These projects will primarily be located in the VA/NC area.
- Manage daily onsite field operations and contract administration including safety, personnel, subcontract scheduling, non-standard material procurement, equipment, and schedule.
- Support safety plan development.
- Chair / lead daily, weekly and monthly onsite meetings with the construction teams, subcontractors and client representatives as required.
- Contract management: identify potential change orders including scope, field conditions, ability to perform as-bid with means, and methods.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships; identify and mitigate potential risk and cost-overrun exposure.
- Plan with project superintendents and the project director applicable equipment types, personnel skill sets, means, methods, and updating schedules.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting, schedule impacts, and fully-authorized change order logs, and updated communication logs.
- Submit monthly cost to complete projections to the project manager.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress reports on overall site performance as it relates to cost, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Manage the contract value amount and schedule changes as they are affected by weather, changed conditions, authorized and pending change orders, and accurate quantities completed.
- Report weekly quantities completed accurately to the project manager.
- Complete accurate weekly budget changes.
- Verify, sign and reconcile all change orders every 30 days (upstream to the customer and downstream to vendors and subcontractors).
- Update change order log to verify current contract amount.
- Coordinate all equipment and material acquisitions through procurement.
- Accurately track and record subcontract-committed costs.
- Accurately track and record purchase order-committed costs.
- Manage the preparation and execution of the project closeout process.
Skills / Qualifications
- Four-six years (minimum) of project management in solar construction projects
- OSHA-30 certified
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, MS Excel and Viewpoint
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices
- Strong work-ethic; desire to work in a team environment; self-starter and self-motivated; able to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated track record of job-site safety excellence
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.