|Date Posted||September 17, 2019|
- Develop energy management strategy for clients’ real estate portfolio.
- Implement programs to achieve savings goals and targets by specified timelines.
- Conduct ASHRAE level 1 and 2 energy audits.
- Manage energy bench-marking process, including ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Analyze energy and water consumption metrics to identify savings opportunities.
- Lead identification and prioritization of energy capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy consumption. This may include HVAC, lighting, building envelope, demand response and controls, plug loads, distributed generation (Solar, fuel cells), employee engagement, and evaluating new technologies and services.
- Evaluate financial viability of projects for budget and approval.
- Establish and monitor utilities budgets, oversee bill payment and data management processes.
- Provide forecasts of utility expenses throughout the portfolio/campus.
- Leverage financial levers such as utility company rebates, programs, and relationships to enhance project viability.
- Facilitate energy procurement processes on regular intervals.
- Acts as primary energy contact with client(s) for the campus.
- Report clear and concise metrics on various energy and sustainability activities (cost savings, CO2, water, etc), and achievements on prescribed intervals or as requested by client. Communicate plans and progress to all levels of staff through presentations and meetings. Utilize internal and third-party sustainability data management platforms for reporting. Ensure data integrity and establish data management processes.
- Provide easy-to-understand presentations of findings and recommendations.
- Advise, coach, and support building staff (facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying, scoping, and implementing energy efficiency improvements.
- Collaborate with other Jones Lang LaSalle energy and sustainability managers to share and learn best practices and publish case studies of successful initiatives. Leverage JLL experts in renewable energy, energy supply procurement, and building intelligence tools to meet client goals.
- Continually monitor industry trends, evaluate new products and services for potential, and participate in industry working groups. Oversee pilot tests of cutting edge energy and sustainability solutions.
- Establish a positive rapport with both JLL and client staff and management to ensure a high level of customer service.
- BS in engineering (electrical, environment, mechanical, civil, industrial) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ yrs experience in energy management.
- Knowledge of energy principles and concepts, particularly related to the built environment.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, building automation systems across a variety of building types including commercial offices and datacenters.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- CEM, PE, LEED AP preferred.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.