|Location||East Meadow, NY|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
Solar System Designer (Full-time)
NY State Solar
East Meadow, N.Y. 11554
We are a private and local renewable energy organization passionate about making a positive impact on society, Long Island communities and the environment. Currently, we are looking for a detail-oriented team player to create solar system designs for our homeowners going solar.
Our mission is to remove the barriers to going solar and approve residential homeowners for the NY-Sun program through the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority.
Join a diverse, excellent work culture and work towards the sustainability of New York.
Currently, we are seeking a Solar System Designer to be responsible for the following:
- Create CAD drawings and design solar system while representing roof planes with precise measurements received from site survey team.
- Complete design drawings efficiently and in a timely fashion to be submitted and accepted by state approval board.
- Design systems consistent with the criteria of the NY-Sun program. We will provide training on the NY-Sun program.
- Work with Aurora Solar Modeling program to run solar irradiance mapping to capture final system production and finalized solar system design for NY-Sun submittal and approval.
- Communicate in a timely and respectful manner with survey team, operations department and other designers as needed.
Requirements of Role:
The ideal candidate for this role must have CAD experience with relevant technical design experience.We will provide training on the unique elements of the NY-Sun program and what that means for residential solar system design. We are looking for someone with a critical eye who has experience in drawing and building and is able to perform basic calculations.
Experience in engineering, CAD users, graphic designers, or those with experience using Aurora Solar are encouraged to apply. Aurora Solar experience is not required as we will provide training on this program. This is an in office position, not looking for remote offers. NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Required.
Please include resume with current contact information upon submission.
All full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits, dental + vision, paid time off.
We look forward to meeting the next member of our green team!
NY State Solar conducts background and reference checks on all applicants prior to beginning employment. All offers are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background and reference check. NY State Solar is an equal opportunity employer.