|Date Posted||June 27, 2019|
Join one of the fastest growing solar companies in New Jersey and help make the world a better place!
GenRenew is looking for a dedicated Commercial Electrician to expand our Commercial Install team in New Jersey. We are a mission-driven company that focuses on bringing our employees and customers the best experience possible by redefining how we power our homes and businesses. We are focused on educating and consulting homeowners and business owners, helping them understand their energy consumption and connecting them with sustainable resources that help them save money and the environment at the same time. This is the generation that saves our planet, and we are the ones educating property owners so they experience a smooth transition to clean renewable energy!
Essential Job Functions:
- Prior to the start of a project, evaluate job sites and electrical infrastructure, participate in pre-construction planning to review plans and coordinate schedules, staffing and resource needs for the project
- During construction, lead and facilitate code compliant electrical work on solar projects (this work will include installing wiring, conduit, enclosures, switch gear, lighting, main service replacements, sub panels, and transformers)
- Coordinate utility shutdowns and complete line side connections
- Test and commission electrical equipment
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning solar systems and electrical components
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with all project members
- Ensure electrical code compliance as related to solar installations and inspections
- Willingness to assist with non-electrical work
- Complete tasks safely, correctly and on schedule
- Ensure electrical PPE, tools and equipment assigned are maintained in good working condition or replaced as required
- Contribute to a work environment that inspires a highly positive, employee-friendly company culture