|Location||Oakbrook Terrace, IL|
|Date Posted||May 20, 2019|
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Solar and Storage Sales Executives are responsible for generating solar and storage sales with commercial, industrial, non-profit, education, and municipality customers utilizing company resources to develop a system design, production estimate, and cost estimate for the customer. Commercial Sales Executives will walk a prospective customer through the various considerations required for installing and operating a solar system. Commercial Sales Executives will show a prospective customer why a solar system designed, constructed, warrantied and maintained by Centrica Business Solutions is superior to other offerings in the marketplace. To a great degree, the sales process will involve the analysis of the customers current electrical utilization and spending, as well as the various financing alternatives available to customer in order to demonstrate how solar will save them money. Duties include responding to sales leads, documenting all sales activity into Salesforce, building new business relationships, creating sales pipelines, and most importantly closing new business to successfully grow Centrica Business Solutions's solar and storage business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Aggressively pursue and develop new leads: calling warm prospects identified through professional networking, referral partnerships, residential sales and other Centrica and Direct Energy businesses.
- Collaborate with Direct Energy Business on opportunities, incorporate other DE solutions to provide customers with integrated energy solutions.
- Maintain Salesforce database of all leads and opportunities, while tracking all activities, from initial lead development through close and fulfillment.
- Continually work to generate sales through sales activities including tradeshows, networking, cold-calling, industry events, speaking opportunities, and referrals.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of commercial solar products, competitor offerings, incentive programs, and financing products
- Obtain customer contracts, addendums, credit applications, and other paperwork correctly and in a timely manner and update customer files in Box.
- Explain the incentive registration and generation process and obtain necessary incentive registration paperwork from customers.
- Respond promptly and professionally to leads and potential customers.
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Accurately forecast contract closing timeframes, project values, and gross margin estimates.
- Address ongoing customer concerns and complaints that arise prior to installation.
- Facilitate training of new Commercial Sales Executives, as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years' experience successfully selling a complex product or service, preferable in the C&I solar and storage market.
- Must demonstrate a strong record of achievement by consistently outperforming quotas, winning sales awards, and growing a market.
- Strong financial skills to model and present financing alternatives for the customer.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and negotiation.
- Experience in relevant computer applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Salesforce.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Driver's license.